Wednesday 13 February 2013

EWOK hat free pattern link

Well, its not a free pattern that I wrote but it is super cute! I used to love the Ewok movies when I was a kid. My kids seem to be obsessed with Star Wars right now, so I found the Ewok movies on youtube of all places. Not sure how legal it all was but we watched them anyway and they brought back sooooo many memories! I should say here that I did try to find a place to buy them first, and the only place I could find them was on EBAY for well over $100!

I just happened to be on pintrest one day when I saw this hat, and to my surprise....some good hearted loving soul was offering her pattern FREE! Check it out! Her name is Kristen Stevenson and the pattern is over at tinypurrs.com. She did such a great job, and here is my version. The only thing I did different was I used an H hook and worsted weight yarn and originally chained 123 in row 1 instead of 143 so it would be a bit shorter. It fits my 7, 6, and 4, year olds perfectly. I also made a tan colored one with dark brown ears and am currently working on a third for my daughter. They all look so adorable in their Ewok hats.



10 comments:

  1. I've made the adult version... it is really simple for someone who knows what to do. I cannot believe people were selling them for $100!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. wow, that does seem like an awful lot of money doesn't it?!!

      Delete
    2. Amanda where can I find the adult version?

      Delete
    3. I think she meant EBAY wanted $100. for the Ewok movies, not the hat. At least that's the way I understood it, but I have been wrong before!...LOL... ;)

      Delete
  2. Could you tell me what yarns you used? I'm getting ready to make them for my son and husband, and I love your version!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. HI Lisa, I used Bernat super saver yarn. Worsted weight. I think the redish color has been discontinued, but you could use any worsted weight yarn.

      Delete
  3. Thanks for letting me know! I actually had some of that in carrot in my stash, so I started on a yub nub for my son last night. I can't wait to finish it and have him try it on!

    ReplyDelete
  4. so i'm in the middle of making this, i'm using the 123 stitches you used - i'm confused, do i decrease the rest of the stitches also - i'm not a pro at this...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know you posted this a couple yrs ago but did you figure it out?

      Delete
  5. I would like to make it for a two year old, what yarn/hook size and starting stitch count would you suggest please?

    ReplyDelete

Little flying ace hat, scarf and boot FREE PATTERN!

 I have been wanting to do this little set for a while, and was thrilled when a friend ordered it for her new grand-baby. I can't wait...