Wednesday 13 June 2012

Lucky the Orca hat


Lucky
Well hello, I know its been a long time since I've had a post and all but as summer draws nearer we have to be outside soaking up the sunshine as often as we can! We only get two months of it here if we're lucky. Speaking of lucky, recently when my darling husband (and yarn funder) and I were out on the west coast kayaking we had a chance to see some pretty cool wildlife. We were really hoping to see some orca, but didn't get the chance. I'm thanking my lucky stars because I'm pretty sure my better half would have paddled right over to it in hopes of petting it. Or swimming with it. Or being dinner. Anyhoo, the really lucky part was that the lady who ran the tour also has a small gift shop in a really touristy part of town and has asked me to crochet up a line of hats exclusively for her shop! Yay me! BUT, there are not really many patterns I can find for sea life inspired hats, so, in true Knotty Knotty style, I eyeballed it and came up with my very first aquatic mammal. I think he's pretty cute, and I'm excited to try another one and perfect him. Stay tuned for the rest of the line-up!

a pic of the Hubs and I



3 comments:

  1. Hello Kristi, I have started on a "killer whale" hat for my son Micah and am having a REALLY hard time figuring out how to do the "mouth" - I tried making it as a separate piece and sewing on but it looked awful - any assistance or pointers would be greatly appreciated. Do you have a written pattern for this hat yet? I too am a SAHM and love to crochet! :) Thanks - Angela

    ReplyDelete
  2. I too would love on of these hat patterns please.. my friend is orca mad x 🐳

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi! Is there any chance there's still pattern? I'm crazy on orcas and you're the only one that made hat looking good

    ReplyDelete

Little flying ace hat, scarf and boot FREE PATTERN!

 I have been wanting to do this little set for a while, and was thrilled when a friend ordered it for her new grand-baby. I can't wait...